The South Texas Council Venturing Officer Association is accepting applications for the position of Council Venturing President. The responsibilities of the council Venturing president are to:
- Reports to the council Vice President of Program and serves as member of the Council Executive Board.
- Work with the volunteer advisor and staff advisor of the council VOA and with Venturing presidents at the tier above (Area 3) and below them (units).
- Appoint and supervise vice presidents, VOA liaisons, and additional optional VOA youth positions.
- Represent the VOA to Scouting leadership at the council level by serving as a member of the Council Executive Board and attending appropriate events and activities.
- Motivate and coordinate the three vice presidents and any other appointed VOA members in assigned tasks and conducting meetings with them as needed.
- Help train and mentor presidents in the district and unit level.
- Plan and lead regular meetings of the VOA.
- Assist VOA members with the selection of subsidiary youth members.
- Assist the volunteer advisor with selection of subsidiary advisors.
- Track all goals for the VOA and provides regular progress reports to the council Vice President of Program and Council Executive Board.
- Wear the Scout uniform correctly
- Serve as an example of the Venturing Oath and Code and Scout Oath and Law
In order to be selected, applicants must:
- Be a currently registered Venturer in the South Texas Council
- Have held a leadership position within their Venturing crew
- Completed Venturing Crew Officers Orientation Training, National Youth Leadership Training, or National Advanced Youth Leadership Experience
- Be less than 21 years of age during their entire term of office
The term of the council Venturing president will begin on February 20, 2013 and will conclude on May 31, 2014.
Interested applicants should download the submission package below, complete it entirely, and submit it to Marty Sepulveda, VOA Staff Advisor, before 5:00 p.m. CT on February 11, 2013. Any questions should be directed to Marty Sepulveda.2013 Council Venturing Officer Application (196)