The adventure of Scouting awaits you this fall at Cub Scout Family Camp! A well seasoned and excited staff is waiting for your arrival. Each session will offer different exciting adventures that give Scouts the opportunity to earn lots of advancement including sports and academic belt loops, pins, and awards. Leave camp with lots of great memories, a cool patch, and much more!
|Session Dates||Location||Arrival Time||Departure Time||Early Registration Deadline|
|October 11-12, 2014||Camp Mauritz||9:30 a.m.||3:00 p.m.||October 6|
|October 17-18, 2014||Camp Huisache||5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m.||October 13|
|October 17-18, 2014||Camp Karankawa – Session I||5:30 p.m.||3:00 p.m.||October 13|
|October 18-19, 2014||Camp Karankawa – Session II||5:30 p.m.||3:00 p.m.||October 13|
Who can attend
Hundreds of quest seeking Tiger, Wolf, Bear and Webelos Scouts, parents and in some locations, Me-Too’s
Your registration fee pays for meals, program supplies, insurance, and a special camp patch. Cub Family Campouts are for the whole family and a great opportunity for you to spend some time together at a fun and exciting location.
What to bring
- Scout spirit
- Cub Scout Uniform
- Pillow, cot, air mattress
- Comfortable, sturdy shoes
- Jacket & Hat
- Rain gear (coat, hat, boots)
- Towel, basic toilet articles
- Tent & Bed roll
- Insect repellent
What NOT to bring:
- Open-toed shoes
- Guns, sheath knives, hatchets
- Archery equipment, B.B. guns
- Alcoholic beverages
- Glass containers
- You must complete a Boy Scouts of America Annual Health and Medical Record, Parts A & B for each person attending. You can find more information about medical records here.
- Youth Protection Training is required for ALL adults attending this event.
- Youth Protection policies of the Boy Scouts of America do not allow parents to share a tent with any child except their own.
- Vehicles are not allowed in campsites (UNLOADING ONLY)
- Liquid fuels for lanterns are not allowed
- Be mindful of burn bans at your camping facilities
How do I sign up?
Registration will be available online at http://reservations.southtexasbsa.org soon.
Prepaid event or activity fees for an outdoor event/activity are refundable in full if the request is received in writing at the Scout Service Center more than 30 days prior to the start of the event/activity. Event or Activity fees for an outdoor event are also full refundable if the Council cancels the event/activity. More information about the South Texas Council’s Refund Policy is available here.