Scouting for Life
2014 Blood Drive
The South Texas Council is pleased to partner with the Coastal Bend Blood Center for the first annual Scouting for Life | A Lifesaving Partnership Blood Drive. Scouts and units who participate in the blood drive will be rewarded for their decision to participate in the lifesaving act of blood donation or the recruitment of blood donors.
Eligibility & Project Details
- The challenge period begins on November 1, 2014 and concludes on January 31, 2015
- Units should book a blood drive during the challenge period and schedule a tour of the blood center to participate in the challenge
- Scouts who participate in unit drive activities can earn a pocket patch. In addition, Scouts who recruit at least five donors will be eligible to earn an electronic device
- Units may schedule their blood drive at their meeting location or at another approved location
- Scouts who are ineligible to give blood (due to age, weight, or medical restrictions) may recruit family members or friends to donate on their behalf. All donations must be designated to the Scout at the time of donation to receive credit towards the device.
- Certificates will be awarded to units who collect the most blood each month during the challenge period
For more information about the Scouting for Life Service Project, please contact David Hebert at firstname.lastname@example.org. To schedule your blood drive and tours, please contact the Coastal Bend Blood Center at (361) 737-0412 or by email at email@example.com.