Date(s) - 12/26/12-12/30/12
Winter is a special time- between the holidays, school breaks, and gatherings, there are plenty of adventures to be found and memories to be made. What better way to spend winter break than in the heart of adventure at Camp Karankawa for Boy Scout Winter Camp?
Winter Camp Leader’s Guide – DOWNLOAD HERE
Winter Camp Merit Badge Schedule – DOWNLOAD HERE
If your unit has not experienced winter camp at Camp Karankawa before, we highly recommend you consider this great opportunity. Attendees, both new ones and seasoned ones, are sure to have a great time.
Here is a brief overview of what we offer at winter camp that you might not be aware of:
- • Over 38 merit badges offered, including 11 Eagle Rank required
- US Cavalry Trooper Camp – Living History at its best! Scouts can camp, eat, and drill like a US Army Trooper on the Texas Frontier in the late 1800’s.
- Lake Corpus Christi Canoe Adventure for older Scouts.
- Project C.O.P.E – A state of the art course that includes low and high elements.
- Camp wide troop super activity – A themed, competitive, Olympics style activity.
- Great FOOD- we take pride in what we serve.
- Polar Bear Plunge, dutch oven cooking, shooting sports and more!
- New this year, Bob Sled races!
- Chess tournament
- Order of the Arrow Brotherhood conversion!
Fees Payment Schedule
- Unit Campsite Deposit $ 150.00 Due at time of campsite reservation.
- Early Bird Fee Per Scout $135.00 Due by November 30th
- Regular Registration Fee $145.00 After November 30th
- Early Bird Adult Fee $45.00 Due by November 30th
- Regular Adult Registration fee $50.00 After November 30th
- Webelos Crossing over in Dec $135.00 Due by November 30th
In addition, all campers will experience the new modern private showers/restrooms. If you’re ready to reserve a space for your adventure, be sure to download and complete the form at the bottom of this page.
We hope you will consider Camp Karankawa for your long-term winter camp. If we can answer any questions or be of any service, please do not hesitate to contact us.
2012 Boy Scout Winter Camp Troop Reservation Form (423)