Date(s) - 10/12/12-10/13/12
5:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Cub Scouts and Scout Leaders, it’s time to gear up for the South Texas Council’s Fall Cub Scout Family Campout. Cub Scouts and families from all over Corpus Christi and surrounding communities will gather at Camp Karankawa between October 12 and 13, 2012.
Family camps are overnight camps for more than one Cub Scout pack. You may hear these events called “Cub Scout Family Campout” or “Adventure Weekend.” Each Cub Scout and Webelos Scout camps with a parent or guardian. While at camp, Cub Scouts will have the opportunity to earn belt loops and have fun with BB guns, archery, swimming activities, and more. Webelos Scouts will be able to many of the same activities while working on their advancement pins. This fall’s theme is “Chimps in Space.” There will be plenty of Monkey Business involved, too!
Here’s what the Cub Scout Family Campout schedule looks like in a nutshell:
Basic Schedule of Events
- 5:30 p.m. — Check in and camp set-up (Dinner on your own, No meal served)
- 8:00 p.m. — Campfire
- 8:00 a.m. — Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon — Program Areas Open
- 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. — Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. – Program Areas Open
- 3:30 p.m. – Take down camp and depart
Your registration fee pays for meals, program supplies, insurance, and a special camp patch. Cub Family Campouts are for the whole family and a great opportunity for you to spend some time together at a fun and exciting location.
What to bring:
- Scout spirit
- Cub Scout Uniform
- Pillow, cot, air mattress
- Comfortable, sturdy shoes
- Jacket & Hat
- Rain gear (coat, hat, boots)
- Towel, basic toilet articles
- Tent & Bed roll
- Insect repellent
What NOT to bring:
- Open-toed shoes
- Guns, sheath knives, hatchets
- Archery equipment, B.B. guns
- Alcoholic beverages
- Glass containers
- Due to food ordering requirements, no reservations will be accepted after October 10 for Camp Karankawa, Camp Huisache, or Camp Mauritz. NO WALK IN RESERVATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- You must complete a Boy Scouts of America Annual Health and Medical Record, Parts A & B for each person attending. Sorry, we don’t disclose any previously submitted health forms at the Council Service Center. So, prior to submitting your registration documents, you may want to keep health form copies for future use. You can download a copy of the BSA Annual Health and Medical Record here.
- Youth Protection YC06-0014 is required for ALL adults attending this event.
- Youth Protection policies of the Boy Scouts of America do not allow parents to share a tent with any child except their own.
- Vehicles are not allowed in campsites (UNLOADING ONLY)
- Liquid fuels for lanterns ARE NOT ALLOWED
- Be mindful of BURN BANS
- Prepaid event or activity fees for an outdoor event/activity are refundable in full if the request is received in writing at the Scout Service Center more than 30 days prior to the start of the event/activity. Event or Activity fees for an outdoor event are also full refundable if the Council cancels the event/activity. More information about the South Texas Council’s Refund Policy is available here.
For more information, please contact George Arciba.